- Price - The price for the Golf Group App is $1/member/year, sold in blocks of 20 members. 20 member minimum. i.e.. 20 members,
1 day a week =$1 per member per year or $20/year for the group, 2 days a week = $2 per member per year or $40/year for the group,
3 days a week = $3 per member per year or $60/year for the group, etc.. It is not expensive. Collect the money from your members. Pay once per year.
- The Signup Sheet - Shows a list of all members of the group with a check-box next to their name. At the top is the play date, 1st tee time, and course being played are shown. If the member wants to play for the date shown, they simply check the box next to their name. If they change their mind, they can uncheck the box as long as the final pairings have not been locked. At the bottom
a Limit for how many players can sign up is shown. The limit is simply the number of tee times for that day times 4.
The Pairings - The system prepares the Pairings by forming groups of 2, 3 or 4 players. The smaller groups are always listed first. 9 players will be grouped into 3 threesomes, 8 players will become 2 groups of 4, 11 players will be one threesome and 2 foursomes... etc. The initial pairings are formed based on arrival sequence... i.e. who checked in first.
As the play date approaches, the group manager can adjust the final pairings to form A,B,C,D teams, handicap balanced groups, or groups that avoid repeat double or triple plays. When the manager completes the final pairings he or she locks the pairings so that no more players can check in or out.
Upon completion of the Final Pairings, the group manager then clicks the button to email the pairings to all the players that are included. The email screen has a provision for entering a description of the game for the day, or any special instructions that the players will need.
Pairings History - All Final Pairings are retained in the system database. They can be recalled at any time by specifying a past date of play. This is a valuable tool for remembering who played in past rounds.
The Tee Times - The system has a perpetual calendar included to show tee times for the current period and a future periods. The group manager or an assistant fills these times in as they are granted by the golf course Pro Shop they will be playing. The tee times screen always shows the maximum number of tee times is alloted. The manager can fill them all in with actual tee times, or block them off when not all the members will be playing. The name of the course being played is entered here.
- Future Tee Times - Many golf clubs issue advanced tee times to their members. The Sign Up System accommodates this by
showing the tee times for one or more periods in the future. i.e. If you play once a week, the tee times for this week and next week can be
entered into the system.
Security - Not everyone can adjust the final pairings, or enter tee times. The group manager or captain is assigned an ID and Password for the administration of the system. The website is designed to be private, so that it will never be listed by search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. No one can view the website without having the website address and a password. The entire website is password protected.
Regular Play - If you play everyday, or once a week, or once a month, the Sign Up System can be configured to accommodate your
schedule. If you don't play on a regular basis, it will still work, but you will have to enter the Tee Times once the
date is established for your event.
- Guest Play - Guests can be signed up to play, it is not a problem. The group captain can add as many guest slots as
needed. They normally are shown as Guest 1, Guest 2, Guest 3, etc. Or if you have a frequent guest you can add them in as a member
and take them out when they are not available.
- Member Status - In the warm climate areas, like Florida, California, Arizona, etc.. members may only be available in the
winter months... i.e. snowbirds. The system allows the group captain to set a status on each member. Such as Active, Snowbird,
Injured, Sick, Out of Town, or whatever describes their status. Only Active members will be shown on
the Sign Up Sheet but All members will be shown on the Member Roster along with their status.
- Member Roster - The system will display a Member Roster to all the members. This shows who is currently a member of the
group, and what their current status is. Their email address and phone number can be displayed, if the group captain elects that
option. This makes it easy for the members to communicate with each other. The Member Roster is password protected.
- Playday Games - At the top of the Sign Up Sheet you can display the name of the game being played for that day, like...
Scramble, 2 Best Balls, etc.. You can also upload PDF documents to your system that describe the details of all the games you play.
- Documents - The group captain has the ability to upload PDF documents to the Sign Up System. They will be listed in the
"How to Play" drop down menu that is at the top of every screen.
- Menu - At the top of each page there is a drop down menu for members to use.
The dropdown choices are:
SIGNUP [Home, Admin] - Home takes you to the home page you specify, and Admin takes you to the Admin Menu (see below).
PAIRINGS [Current, History] - Current shows the current pairings, and History shows past pairings for specific dates.
MEMBERS [Roster, Handicaps] - Roster shows list of members, and Handicaps shows current member handicaps (no edit).
HOW TO PLAY [Local Rules, Other Documents] - Local rules PDF, and Game descriptions, & other PDF docs.
- Admin Menu - When the Admin Menu is selected from the System Menu, a login screen appears for the ID and Password of the Captain or Administrator. If the login is correct, then this Admin Menu appears.
- Allows new tee times to be entered.
- Adjust final pairings or set up ABCD teams.
- Add, change or delete members from the group and set current status.
- Send a message to all members with "one-click" eBlast.
- Adjust handicaps for members at any time with Ghin.
- Additional Features On Request - There are dozens of other features that can be included. Be sure to mention what you would like to have
built into your App. For example... Ringers, winnings tracking, twosome pairings, pairings archive, triple play table, make your own foursomes, document
library, local and USGA rules, spreadsheets for tracking season points, social events sign up sheet, group news letter, golf ethics, golf instruction tips and videos,
golf humor, photo gallery, tournaments, and more.
Copyright 2020 DeBary Marketing, LLC All Rights Reserverd